PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Capped Actuals?
Thread: Capped Actuals?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2006, 11:06
Cockney Geezer

Location: with the magical bunnies of the sandy jellygum tree forest - yay!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Capped Actuals?

Before I start I admit the full details haven't been released but as of March I hear that capped actuals are coming in to replace issued rates downroute.
As I understand, you pay upfront for any meals/laundry etc up to the capped allowance, which will equate to how much you would have been issued in rates before. You then get home and spend hours negotiating with the computer to claim back your money. Which no doubt in typical RAF style will not arrive in your bank account untill the following decade!
And there was me thinking the new year would would freshen my outlook on work and think things aren't getting that bad...
So if you get stuck down route for a week or so, you're now expected to front possibly £30 - £40 a day for food for a week. Approx £210 - £280. I'm certainly gonna be tight for cash after this week so how are the likes of the stewards and engineers going to manage? I know, we could eat stinging nettle soup for a week! (thankyou moortrek)
I'm sure this looks like a fabulous money saving idea in the eyes of the admin world but it sounds a load of b@//@x to me.
Thoughts?
CG