PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop The Law Project To Let Pilot Work Until 65 Years Old
Old 11th Jan 2006, 08:10
alghaita ganga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Stop The Law Project To Let Pilot Work Until 65 Years Old

I cannot believe that some of these younger pilots can be so selfish either. Many of the posters here are from UK where the age is 65 to receive state pension, and government is talking of increasing it to 67. Most of the pilot I know who have had medical problem have had them between 40 and 50 years. The only things that should decide when a pilot have to retire is either when he decides (so if he is lucky and has made enough by 50 he can go then) or if he cannot any more pass medicals or proficiency checks. In Nigeria the medical for over 60 even has pilots to do stress ecg every year. I do training and I have yet to find any pilot over 60 who is not very proficient, they have to be good to have been around that long. As for falling asleep that is laughable - it is the younger pilot I have observed to have difficulty to stay awake because they are often out 'playing', not like we 'old fart' who get our good rest most nights.