PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proflight Chief Executive arrested
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2006, 04:08
NdekePilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Proflight Chief Executive arrested

This is still going to turn out to be someone with a gripe trying to stir things up a little....a common theme in Zambian business life, and whilst Proflight has had its problems in the past, I think that with the recent investments in the company and change of direction it should hopefully re emerge as a good company.
There are more aircraft, hopefully better maintenance and a new lease of life and I wish them all the best.
The Cub issue was years ago and I think facts should be checked before letting rip on PPRune, or believing everything you read in the Times of Zambia. As for being arrested in Zambia, I'm afraid that it is a case of arresting first and then checking facts and asking questions later, and pretty much anyone with a half baked conspiracy theory and a gripe can get it all in motion. However, that same person should perhaps check the rear view mirror more frequently once it all gets sorted out, as I am sure it will do. It's a personal opinion I know, but if there are crooks in Zambia, Tony Irwin is certainly not one of them. And whilst Proflight has certainly gone through some rough times, at least they have always operated out of a hangar with offices and AOCs and Zambian employees. There are only a handful of other operators in Lusaka who can say they have done likewise, as opposed to the good old briefcase, cell phone and a couple of "lunchtime connections" approach of others. Anyway, enough griping from me, but I for one certainly hope that they now move on from strength to strength.
JockFlyer!!! How are things Dude!! I'm in London this weekend so will try to give you a call, but as far as I know, MJS has been rebuilt properly since its gear up.....some pilots, I don't know!!.....and looks great. ABD also has a new donkey and flew several hundred hassle free hours last season. Unlike a certain "Blandy blandy new" 206 sitting around in Zambia. Don't know about the Chieftains or Islander but the Jetstream sure looks good!
Hong Kong is great.....can't find any lion or leopard etc, just not looking hard enough I guess!!
Cheers,
NP.