PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2006, 20:51
shuttlebus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bmi

Have had quite a few trips with bmi this year, but all BHD-LHR, where we still have a business class Service has been excellent "up front" but trips "down the back" on BA, pre-catering crisis felt better (15+ months since last BA flight, so they may have changed considerably)

However, I must admit that the new bmi fare structure has caused some confusion.... the company I work for tend to book quite a few people between BHD and LHR each month and the people who book the fares can't explain all the diferences between the fare structures... they still class it as "business" and "cattle".

General concensus amongst office folk and all relations/friends polled is that bmi have made a horlix of their economy structure with no-one quire sure of what they are geting for the money "down the back"....

Back in the good old days, we had to choices from Belfast, BA Super Shuttle (all one class) with a useful onward connection network via LHR; or BMI with business class for those who wanted or economy, which was generally filled with those who booked by price rather than favourite airline Personally, previously if I had onward travel, I booked BA for the advantages of through tiketing etc... no lugging hold baggage at LHR. Now, no option, as bmi don't have a worthwhile European/ long haul route structure.... So it is bmi to LHR, then onward with BA....

However, now BA has departed and no-one is quite sure what product bmi are trying to market, you can book easy or baby and at least you know you are getting low quality service at a low price. With bmi, it is not as claer cut, judging by the range of fares on offer...
Come on bmi, get a grip! (Or come back BA, pleeeeeeease)

Regards,

Shuttlebus

Last edited by shuttlebus; 13th Jan 2006 at 21:53.