PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 99% of easyjet pilots reject pay offer
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2006, 18:29
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 99% of easyjet pilots reject pay offer

abfgh - First of all, just to clear up any misunderstanding, if you go on strike it will not be solely for the benefit of Captains as FOs will benefit by the same percentage increase. You are absolutely right about the issue of DECs. I was a DEC at a time when there were not the required number of promotable FOs. That is no longer the case and therefore DECs are totally unacceptable.

If I might, however, say something in defense of the CC here. They are fighting several battles on several fronts and can only effectively fight one battle at a time. The problem they face is that, quite rightly in my judgement, they need to keep this separate from the pay deal. I hope that very quickly after a pay agreement is reached we will then be dealing once and for all with this issue. Our policy needs to be very simple - no DECs as long as there is a single promotable FO. There can never again be such a concept as someone out there who is 'too good to turn down'. The only person too good to turn down is a promotable FO.