PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BACitiExpress The final solution!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2006, 17:55
VHF FLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BACitiExpress The final solution!

None of this inspires me.

I just wonder why no-one ever thinks of consulting mere passengers.
After all it is ultimately us and us alone that can ever make this a success. Think about it.

Are we likely to go back to BACX with these cosmetic changes?
NO.
In fact it may even disenfranchise those loyal customers that remain - the message I read from BACON is that regional passengers aren't quite worthy enough of a proper BA service.

To solve a problem - whatever it is - you need to understand the nature of it and I truely believe that no-one from Willie Walsh downwards has ever bothered to find out why people have been deserting BACX in their droves.

'After all what do the punters know?' seems to be an attitude that pervades the industry. The only possible answer from the punters to this kind of attitude will be 'sod 'em what do we care - let's just buy the cheapest thing on offer'. And they usually do nowadays.

Just to look at PPRUNE for instance - the expression 'self loading freight' just about sums it up. The impression one is left with is that passengers are a troublesome burden to the people that work in the industry.

There are many reasons why there are and, from this I can see, will continue to be, problems and I haven't got the time but as many on this thread have identified, a major issue for punters from the regions is the puny claustrophobic aircraft usually parked out on the taxiway away from the proper planes - the message being - you're not a proper customer.
EMB145s are awful and to be avoided and the RJ similarly bad - designed so that barely anyone can see out of the window and with a hydraulic system that sounds like you're in a death dive when the flaps are lowered.

Ultimately can you imagine BA flying a full size aircraft between Manchester and Gdansk? Well Ryanair are about to do that from Liverpool with its much smaller catchment area (no doubt successfully) - something wrong eh?