PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 10th Jan 2006, 17:25
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications

I'm not going to pursue this much longer, as it's obvious you're convinced I'm not trying to help others. Your opinion and you're entitled to it. I know the truth and that's enough for me.

If I can't have a sense of humour at an open day, I won't get very far living in Dubai, will I? As for 'embarrassing the people" who I want to interview me, perhaps it wasn't clear, but i was referring to those people at past open days who felt it necessary to make snide comments and step on the more timid people - i.e., participants, not the interviewers. yes, I may have made some comments regarding recruiters in the past, yes perhaps they were a bit childish in retrospect but I admit those posts were made at a time when I was disappointed and upset. However I poked as much fun at myself for not getting through.

With respect, have you ever attended a cabin crew recruitment session? Do you know what it's like to be paraded around like meat, being judged primarily on your looks and not your skills and talent? Being cut from a session for some petty reason? Having more experience and skills than half the group would have in twice as many years and told that it's not good enough? Well until you have I suggest you don't criticise those who have.
I may have a 'laissez-faire' attitude -that's because approaching it seriously and with a mature attiude didn't seem to work, as those who acted twelve years old and bitched and moaned progressed further than most who acted professionally!! I'm sure you can see how frustrating that would be.

It can be a trying experience and sometimes trying to see the lighter side is a way to cope. Sorry if that offends you but that's the way it is. I have friends who are currently EK CC and they have said they agree with me about the recruitment process - it is in a lot of ways petty... just like a lot of other process in EK and other airlines!!

At this point I suggest we agree to disagree; I will never stop trying to encourage others to pursue their dream and I feel you will never agree with me. So let's leave it at that and let this topic get back on track, ok??