PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2006, 17:08
Handover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CORK

Mark D.

It isn't quite as easy as that. Levels between 310-390 tend to be very congested on core tracks. Sticking an A319 into anyone of them causes problems.

Tom T

I'm not saying that an A319 or 73-7 could'nt do the trip just that i don't think it would be economically viable.

While i know that your comments about the Shannon tunnel are tongue in cheek, drivers on the Dock and Condell Roads during rush hour traffic in Limerick would strongly disagree and would care little for the impact that the tunnel will have on Shannon TA ops!

Believe it or not Shannon is very short of air bridges during the morning and early afternoon (they have to move aircraft after disembarking to old Taxiway 11 until they are ready to depart again). This situation will get worse during the Summer season especially with the extra N. Atlantic frequencies.They are only preempting the situation before it gets worse.

To the best of my knowledge passenger traffic in Shannon was ahead of Cork in 2005 but i stand corrected!

Cork will get TA flights i don't doubt it. It's just that i see it later rather than sooner. In the meantime let's support the new destinations. Berlin in the Summer.