PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2006, 10:30
Euravia First

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bmi

Like VHF Flyer, I too am a Diamond Club Card Holder [although Silver not Gold in my case] and am in the same position of not having used BMI for a while---In my case not for a year. Why? Well the main reason is the poor Heathrow experience. On my last two BMI flights back from Nice the terminal facilities were simply not up to standard. In the first case,a jammed baggage belt system with no one around for ages to ask to fix it---this was around 10.30 at night---and on the second "late" arrival the terminal access road for the Pink Elephant car park shuttle was closed. No one was around to tell me that the [at that time quiet] road was closed and that I had to go upstairs to the departure level road. Hence a long cold frustrating wait. No more Nice via Heathrow for me!
The result is that I have returned to Easyjet via Bristol. I moved to BMI via Heathrow to avoid the boarding scramble that is part of the Orange experience---but have come to the conclusion that it is worth enduring the boarding in order to use the relatively pleasant airport of Bristol.
Why do BMI not fly from Bristol? If they did then I would be happy to use DTVAirport's favourite airline again.
P.S. In case you are wondering, I have retained my card by using it on other Star Alliance airlines [Thai in particular]. The Thai Heathrow experience is not something I enjoy but at least it is T3 rather than T1

Last edited by Euravia First; 10th Jan 2006 at 10:45. Reason: Changes