PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM or Jetstar?????
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2006, 09:57
andie74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MAM or Jetstar?????

thanks for the interest star84!
in the end after much thinking and talking with my partner i decided not to go to the interview. there were various reasons for this, but the main one being that i want to go back to study either in Feb or mid year and i simply couldnt do that working full time with Jetstar. i love flying but i dont really see myself doing it in the long term (ie more than 5 yrs), and so i need to pursue the study option. Getting that email from Jetstar really threw me into a bit of a tizz!!! i had applied ages ago & forgotten about it, so when the email came i kind of got caught up in the momentum & it seemed like too good a chance not to take. but in the end i had to keep my head screwed on and keep my eyes on the ball so i could remember what it is that i really want. i gave up going back to study a couple of years ago & i regret it now, so this time i feel ive made the right decision.
in all honesty staying with MAM is really the perfect job while i study, and i'd be hard pushed to find another job that i could make fit around studying, that pays as well & is as enjoyable. Sure there are some downsides to being casual from time to time, but hey such is life!! there are also lots of positives too. i like the people i work with and the pay is good so i'll stay with MAM.
so theres my longwinded answer! : )