PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAS Changes
Thread: PAS Changes
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2006, 09:38
Eosds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: PAS Changes

I am still about 4 years away from my 22 and hopefully being offered PAS, but after much thought I decided I would go for the new pension (AFPS 05).
This change means that should I and a colleague who is still on AFPS 75 both be selected for PAS in the future:
 he/she will start the PAS system with all the increments and all the protection of having a combined basic and flying pay immediately
 while I will mark time on FS pay band 9 plus flying pay for 4 years
This appears to be an indication that a commitment to the RAF, by opting for the new AFPS 05, is to be penalised. As a result I phoned the Offer To Transfer (OTT) helpline, 02392 702197 or mil 93844 2197 (found inside the front cover of the guide). I told them I wished to reconsider my choice and very helpfully they are sending out the paperwork to me again so I can consider this latest change to the offer. According to the PMA letter, and confirmed with the OTT helpline, we have until 31 Mar 06 to make the decision.
Perhaps withdrawing any decisions until the last minute (the date of which may well change itself) may help concentrate minds.
I agree a far more acceptable solution would be to introduce a Return of Service of 5 years on acceptance of PAS.
Eosds