PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS vs LLAMP Continued
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2002, 03:45
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Triadic: Your summary of the PRD review process and its moldering recommendations is accurate. Methinks you might have first hand knowledge, yes?

We’re starting to hone down a more accurate statement about what the Commonwealth can and can’t do “outside the 12 nm limit”. Rather than bog the thread down in the complexity of that question, let’s just say that the Commonwealth has very extensive powers “outside the 12 nm limit” with respect to things Australians do (in aircraft or otherwise) and with respect to what people (Australians or otherwise) do in Australian aircraft. (I think the latter was what you were referring to, Triadic.) The bottom line is that the Commonwealth has far more extensive powers “outside the 12 nm limit” than LeadSled’s assertion would suggest. As an Australian or as an operator of an Australian aircraft, one would be very, very imprudent, to bust an Australian Romeo “outside the 12 nm limit” in the hope that the court would find the restriction not to validly apply.

ozbiggles: slow down son. I have steadfastly and sedulously refused to express an opinion on which airspace system is “better” than another. I can’t make the assessment because I can’t sort the objective wheat from the political chaff. And that’s my point.

BTW bonez: that “old record”, as you call it, was made at the point airspace reform in Australia stalled. The record starts skipping from about that point. If you want to know how you got to where you are today and why, I suggest you read carefully all the references that I provided. I think you’ll be better equipped to find your way out of the quagmire, if you equip yourself with the knowledge of who got you into it, and why.