PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar....you are a disgrace!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2006, 01:06
Defenestrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Jetstar....you are a disgrace!

I haven't had the pleasure of traveling with J* yet but am a bit put off by the check in. If you are caught in traffic and pitch up within 25 mins of the departure you forfeit (I before E...buggered if I know) your ticket. Thats a massive deterrent for me. I hope they prevail and do well but for the unforeseen future I'll be with DJ. Pleasant experience every time ( which has been many flights). And no I'm not suggesting DJ is better but I'll be damned if I'll risk booking with J* and have my booking lost (forever) just because there was a traffic delay on the way to the airport that caused me and mine to miss the 30 min cut-off. Just too much of a gamble. And at the end of the day that's what it is for me....a risk. I have no doubt that J* will get me to my final destination if I choose to travel with them. But if there are elements that I can't control that delay my check-in and I am refused boarding for the flight that I booked then J* is not for me. I wish the company well but for the time being I'll stick with a carrier that is sympathetic to the travelling pax. And for those that peruse this forum that will retort with comments along the lines of 'You must be a dumb-arse to not allow enough time to make your flight', I have never missed a flight..EVER. Not gonna take the chance though.

Good Luck to J* if for nothing else then the folks that work there.

Last edited by Woomera; 10th Jan 2006 at 03:50.