PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting Bumped up!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2006, 00:52
striparella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Getting Bumped up!

As harsh as it is, there is a difference between staff and revenue pax. I give 100% whenever i'm at work - i do everything and more that i'm asked of, i put up with temper tantrums, 50+ business men shouting and swearing, i've been called every name under the sun by pax whose hand luggage is too heavy so feel i am entitled to my cheap stand by seat and if i'm upgraded fab - if not, who cares?

But if i paid for Y seat, i would NEVER expect an op-up just because i've put my best shirt on or i've got an important meeting in the morning or it's my honeymoon.

My airline has leaflets about upgrading and staff selling them on the floor before check in. If check in staff were told before each shift, "Hey we've ten spare seats in business, upgrade who you like" Believe us we would upgrade the honeymoon couple or the man who needs to sleep before his meeting, but it doesn't work like that and obviously in this case it's hard to face the truth!

And like PAXboy said the question is asked with such monotony it's a wonder some staff manage to stay positive and polite when badgered about it. Some pax wont let it go!