PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Degree Courses with Aviation Studies (Leeds, Liverpool, London Metropolitan etc)
Old 10th Jan 2006, 00:47
king rooney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: London Metropolitan University

After having spent ages going round pretty much every half decent mod course provider I have just decided to plump for the Stapleford/ Lon Met ATPL option, simply because it was the one that impresed me most, even against the big guns like OAT and Cabair, whose main draw seems to be the "we will get you a job" claim.

There was a real buzz about the place, and its reputation seems to be gathering momentum in the flying world, every comment ive read on pprune has got nothing but good things to say about the place. PLus the Twin Diamonds they've got for the IR training are well sexy!
My general impression was that it seems a lot more relaxed and chilled out than other places, with no stinking uniforms to be worn. (why do certain places make you do that anyway? what does it achieve)
Can only be a bonus that its just about the cheapest option around, with no apparent loss in quality of training. If you do yer PPL in US it all comes in at less than 30k (on paper at least) inc an mcc.
Only bad point is that Im gonna have to live in London, the biggest ****hole in Europe for half a year or so (no offence intended cockneys!), however at least the accommodation at SF is in the scenic Essex countryside. Still, sacrifices will always have to be made.

Anyone else out there starting the Lon met resi course in march? if so big up! see u soon.