PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar....you are a disgrace!
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2006, 23:54
Fox3snapshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Jetstar....you are a disgrace!

Well my first experience with this farsical operation is still underway.

Needless to say that as I type from the Qantas Club lounge on their free internet I am drowning myself in their best champagne to make up for the excess baggage charges that I was clearly told by Qantas I wouldn't have to pay and not earning a single FF point (contrary to the previous mentioned phonecall) and whilst you may ask why bitch, you chose the flight...well the Qantas Club website I was logged into gives you no choice. You are flicked straight across to the Jetstar site and no options are given. Booked Christchurch-Brisbane and apparantly now "Qantas" doesn't operate that route now. When you arrive at the airport though you do get a nice letter from Qantas confirming that Jetstar is a wholly owned Qantas operation and we do apologise for sending you Jetstar...but s*it happens, and here's who to write to.

The Qantas staff here don't want to have a bar of it (they will happily just give you the letter and send you on your way) and under their breath agree the whole changeover has been a shambles.

As I don't get back to Oz and NZ that often I was not remotely aware of the Jetstar operation and more importantly the website will not give you any hint of what is going on.

The irony of it is there is nothing cheap about it...Air New Zealand had a cheaper fare but I thought I would maintain my loyalties...

Geoff me ol mate, your operation S*x!