Thread: PAS Changes
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2006, 21:55
Swamp Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: PAS Changes

Originally Posted by Yeller_Gait
Swamp Thing,

We were discussing this 4 year rule in the office today. Unfortunately I do not have the email that came round, so will need to look at it again tomorrow, but my interpretation is that the 4 year rule applies only if you go on to PAS at your 18 year point, as under current rules you cannot go to PAS until you have reached your 22 years.

This would seem to be a logical decision, in the unlikely event that anyone in the near future gets offered PAS at their 18 years assuming they have signed on to the new pension scheme.

Y_G
Yeller_Gait

Joining PAS at the 18/40 point is not mentioned in the letter

(there's another issue here - the original letter that came out of Pay Policy has a para 3 that states that all aircrew are to receive a copy of the letter; this hasn't happened, and the fact that you are having to rely on an e-mail emphasises that - I know that most people have so far only seen an extract from the original, if they're lucky (the original came out on 16 Dec - strangely enough that's the date that people picked up on the last PAS board had to make a decision by ... PTC co-ordination at its best ... ))

As far as I'm aware you can still only join PAS at 22yrs - but see the previous mega e-mail !!

Keep pluggin' away

Live from the Swamp