PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2006, 19:20
STATLER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Eastern Airways Scam

This deal is not a scam, my understanding from the above is that all you are doing is standing your salary costs for three weeks and paying for the sim ride. Sounds like the ground school course is paid for. (How hard are you going to work at the ground school if your continuation with the company depends on it?)
I worked for Eastern from 2003 for 18 months. Then you took out a 12,000 loan for two years which they paid off (you never got involved with the cash transaction apart from receiving a bank statement once a month. the payment to the bank was never paid late.) This has now changed to 15K over 3yrs. Why? To dissuade folk from leaving It’s a bond that’s all . Eastern have been hit with people moving on to the jet operators.

As for my time with the company well I enjoyed it immensely you get fantastic training, great people, approachable management. For the sake of paying for a sim ride and three weeks worth of salary you would be a fool to turn Eastern down if they offer you a place.