PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop The Law Project To Let Pilot Work Until 65 Years Old
Old 9th Jan 2006, 18:05
handflying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Stop The Law Project To Let Pilot Work Until 65 Years Old

Quote:
I wonder how many have lost their job due to the company going broke and had to start again at the bottom of a new seniority list - possibly having spent some time unemployed.

Foxmoth:

I know many more 200 hr pilots with a frozen ATPL licence whose families paid around 100 000 USD for training and never even made it to an aviation job!! They had to convert themselves to other jobs cause couldn't maintain their licence!!

Ooh how long were you maybe out of a job? (because you didn't wanna go middle or far east probably maybe because you have a family which I completely understand!!) So you have a life? Good for you!!

How low were you on the seniority list?? What the hell do you care if you are cpt earning decent money!! You wanna be another chief pilot immediately after losing your previous job? Go away!

(Typical 12 hr flight as cpt:sleep 6 hrs-eat 2hrs-try to convince f/o how smart you are 1 hr-try to seduce purser 1 hr and maybe work 2...)

There is a time to come and a time to go...maybe till 62 but not 65...no good for nobody...