PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot seeking UK Lawyer
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2006, 17:45
BelArgUSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger Pilot seeking UK Lawyer

I am a 747 captain - I seek legal assistance in the UK...
xxx
I got hurt during training for Air Atlanta (I was hired through their "Airborne" Guernesey crewing office) - the contract clearly specified payment of 75% of salary during medical leave (which was 5 months for me), through their insurance company. They owed me $24,500 (USD)... they agreed and took charge of hospital and surgery (hernia) - when finally recalled and recertified for CAA Medical, they failed to provide recurent training.
xxx
Having failed to pay that amount owed to me, they quickly "dismissed me" after a few flights with a check captain. Well, I happened to be a veteran of 14 years (5,000 hours) as 747 PIC... and a former 747 check captain myself... I was fully current/qualified 747 when I joined Air Atlanta... to my opinion, their "line training" was a disgrace. No training took place.
xxx
A lawyer in Guernesey definitely agrees that I have a case for "injury at work" and "wrongful dismissal" against Airborne/Air Atlanta, and should be able to receive such payment, as well as damages, even retraining to proper standards... However since I am not a resident of UK, his law firm cannot provide legal assistance until a nominal fee is paid. I live in Argentina. I hold a US and a EU passport.
xxx
Thank you for your assistance.