PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON
Thread: MANSTON
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2006, 13:57
Jes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MANSTON

I've taken the liberty of copying what Nick said about himself on another board -

(I) got transferred to (Wiggins) head office in mayfair and was the person that made the Melbourne deal happen, had the contract offer from ryanair on the 16th Sept 2002 - and the KLM excel deal, and the exel airways deal, and the aurigny deal and the eastern airways deal and the euro celtic deal. (These all relate to Manston).

all in writing - firm offers - all available for viewing - the only caveat being i needed a marketing / underwriting fund of circa £600,000 in total for all of the above airlines to operate.

so when OI said no - i said you're wasting my time and resigned - again all correspondence available for anyone that can arsed!

I have 17 years' experience in commercial aviation in business development and commercial operations, have been an accountable ops manager for a regional airline in Scotland and set up the current PSO route between Stornoway & Benbecula in the Outer Hebrides on behalf of the scottish executive. This is run by Highland Airways - we won the PSO from Loganair/British Airways.

I had 32 days to take a freight airline who did a few passenger charters
to a scheduled airline operating 19 seat Jetstream 31's.

We started on time, on budget and it is still going strong today.

blue skies

nick davis

Last edited by PPRuNe Pop; 16th Jan 2006 at 06:42.