PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2nd Interview wash-out rate
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2006, 22:08
psy clops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 2nd Interview wash-out rate

Same as Bjammin - 2,000+ Military Fast Jet and 2 hours of Qantas 743 sim in Mascot. I know which one got me through! Oh and btw I wasn't a 'HUD junkie', when I knew that I had the sim eval coming up I flew plenty of approaches on the head down (steam driven) instruments at work. Surprisingly similar layout to the classic.

The biggest thing that I got out of the sim time was how much anticipation was required to slow / accel 275,000 kgs; having run through the exact profile a number of times is an obvious advantage. I also had the advantage of a very experienced mate in the other seat who was putting me right (a lot!)

I'm sure that some people get through without having had the practise, but I know that on my intake (6), only myself and one other got through - and we had both purchased an hour or two first.

I can't really see where the discussion is. If you have the time, buy the sim time - how can it disadvantage you? Can't afford it? Borrow the cash, CX might not be employing next time you apply. Surely you want to get to HK for those 3 days as prepared as you possibly can be? Remember too that if you are the only one on your Part II interview who has NOT had a practise, it'll probably show. That might not matter - but being the worst on any selection course is unlikely to be a positive thing. Finally, you will not have that nagging doubt in your mind that perhaps you could have done more...

Good luck all,

Psy