PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop The Law Project To Let Pilot Work Until 65 Years Old
Old 8th Jan 2006, 16:19
alexban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Stop The Law Project To Let Pilot Work Until 65 Years Old

Last year I had 3 fellow cpt's dying at less than 55 yrs,while enjoying a class 1 medical,with no health problem whatsoever. Fortunately ,all of them were not at the job when that happened.
I also know one that fainted with no reason found for that even after months of med exam.
This job of ours has a lot of felt or unfelt stress.
Also,I guess most of us want to enjoy our retirement.I don't want to retire at 60 or 65 ,and to live only 1 or 2 yrs after that. There are many things I'd like to do then.Grandchildrens,trips,work in my garage,do some joy flights now and then,.... I have almost no time for this things now.
How I see it: no matter what the retirement age is.It can well be 65 ,or even 70 .(you can fly a Bus at 70,no problem). Let everyone decide when to retire (of course with some serious med exams after .X.age.I guess there will be few pilots in perfect health after 55 yrs.).
My plans are to retire,if posible,at less than 60 yrs old.And,somehow ,I feel sorry for the ones that want to fly untill they die,like they have nothing else to do at home.Or maybe they haven't.
And for the young ones....don't worry,the olders are not keeping your seats taken.You are simply not in the same class.I thought the same for my instructors,while I was a junior FO,or now as a cpt.I'm still not in the same class with some of them,and they are not holding my seat,even now.
I want to be like some of them,but when I'll finally reach their level,they'll probably be someplace else..A nicer one,I hope.
Brgds... And a long,happy retirement for those that've reached it.
Alex