PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another new operator
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2006, 11:01
Euravia First

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Another new operator

Ops Bangle refers to comparisons with the old Birmingham Executive etc.
It may be helpful to hear a passenger's view. Right from the start [1983?] I used Birmingham Executive and greatly appreciated the VIP feel provided by their 12 seaters with friendly individual service/ hot food/quality crockery/good wine/starched linen/metal cutlery etc.
It cannot be denied that the vibration/noise levels were sometimes a little high but a good view from a guaranteed window seat at 17000 feet seemed to me more than adequate compensation for this!
I flew regularly to Copenhagen in the splendid little 12 seater Jetstream but I remember being told that the Milan via Zurich sometimes used a 19 seater Jetstream with an altogether different comfort level.
I also greatly enjoyed the fact that in those safer days it was usual for the pilots to leave the cockpit door open so we interested passengers could enjoy a close up view of the flying including the approach/landing into Copenhagen. The return to Birmingham sometimes used "the short" runway.
The subsequent Maersk F50s {with some Danish crew} were quite O.K. but not the same. The real come down was to the refurbished 111-200s. I could no longer detect a VIP feel in those seemingly tired aircraft with high seats/low windows giving a restricted view.
Good luck with the new airline! Please use the original "Birmingham Executive" days rather than the later "Birmingham European" days as the model.
Regards from Euravia First.

Last edited by Euravia First; 9th Jan 2006 at 08:01. Reason: Changes