PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lefties...
Thread: Lefties...
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2006, 09:56
Whirlygig

Hovering AND talking

Location: Propping up bars in the Lands of D H Lawrence and Bishop Bonner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lefties...

Thomas,

the main difference though, is that the collective moves up and down (in one dimension) whereas the cyclic goes round and round (in two dimensions). Therefore, I would have thought it was harder for someone to control the cyclic with the hand that is their normal one.

I fly a Schweizer from the left seat PIC and when I need to change frequency on the radio, for example and use my left and to control the cyclic - well, it ain't pretty flying at all!!

What I have noticed (and I stand, as always, to be corrected) is that the difference between a left-handed persona and right-handed person, is that the left-handed person is better at using their right hand for things that the right-handed person is for using their left! i.e. my left-handed writing is appalling whereas my right-handed writing is very neat. However, my ex (who is left-handed) had equally appalling writing with either hand! But the difference between them was not that marked.

Hairyplane,

Wow, that's fantastic. It must be because you're left-handed 'cos I'm right-handed and did my PPL in more hours, I'm younger than you, I found flying very difficult and had to work hard and I don't own my own aircraft. .

Cheers

Whirls