PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Recruitment-MEL
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2006, 07:53
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Jetstar Recruitment-MEL

Having been around for even more years than Mr Seatback 2 I am definately looking forward to progressing to SH in PER next month.

That being said the upcoming move to PER has highlighted to me the many positives of the Jetstar operation. The inflight service is completely basic, if tedious at times. Customers have almost no expectations and are quite easy to look after. The more colourful customers we seem to carry nowadays (minority) only add to my dinner party reparte and friends and colleagues usually get as much a kick out of the incident as I did. The bulk of the people I fly with are a laugh a minute and I tend to have a whale of a time without even trying. And the last few years (with and without overnights) I have earned $52-54K as a mere FA.

I go to QF and I look forward to meal services that take forever, pillows and blankets (eww), having 10 kid's packs for the 50 children onboard, customers with expectations, frequent flyers wanting recognition, special meals and short-loaded catering. Well I am sure I will enjoy the challange once again but the above definately highlights some of the great parts of Jetstar - the ease of it all (even if it is sometime frustrating).

I am looking forward to the positive challenge and moving out of Sydney for a quiter life in Perth. And the crew there seem friendly and enthusiastic. But I somehow think I will never laugh as hard as I have in the five years and more I have been at this company. Sure we are at work more nowadays and the politics of our management are frustrating and leave alot to be desired. But it sure beats working at Coles or a bank and is more fun let me tell you.

Prospective cabin crew to Jetstar should look at it as a great way to spend two or so years (add another two if you become CM), have some fun, get your foot in the industry and enjoy the staff travel. Jetstar do not want crew to hang around after they become 'stale', in my opinion.

What will I miss the most about The Star? Definately the never ending "Have you ever heard of an airline..." and "That's experience!" comments. It's a SYD base thing - has me laughing now thinking about them.