PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stop The Law Project To Let Pilot Work Until 65 Years Old
Old 8th Jan 2006, 05:49
Capt Claret

Bottums Up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Stop The Law Project To Let Pilot Work Until 65 Years Old

ANGELOPINTO,

How old are you?

What will you think of your law to force pilots out of work when they've accuumulated the hours that you in your youthfullness have deemed is enough, when you get to be 60?

You say, they will "defend the right of a young person to find a job in what he has been studying with so much sacrifice." How do you think I got my job? Do you presume that I have not made any sacrifice for it?

I note that your profile indicates that you're current on the B737. One of my sacrifices was to take 16 years from the time I obtained a CPL to be presented with the opportunity of my first jet endorsement. How many years have you waited?

I have just spent AUD$15k for my share of a B717 endorsement. I could have chosen unemployment instead of accepting the cost but I'm not about to retire quickly just to let some youngster be given a job that they want, but that I have worked very hard for, just because they believe that they are entitled to it.

The world is full of older pilots like me. Some would retire tomorrow if they could afford to. Others, don't want to retire until they get to the point when they're not really up to the job. I'm in the latter category and hope that I recognise the time to go before some one says I'm no longer making the grade, however, I'll not be pushed aside by the young turks!

Cappice?