PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Police
Thread: RAF Police
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2006, 22:03
orionsbelt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: RAF Police

After leaving the RAF I worked for a Large Bluechip City Company.
The company security manager (G..... M.......)was an Ex RAF SIB SNCO/Officer. One evening over a beer we were swinging the led about various experiences and I happened to mention that I had a very uncomfortable experience palletising Ammo, Sneb Rockets and Bombs at the SSA at ..............
He quoted the following:
He and another officer were detailed to check out the security of the SSA when it was used during the mid 60's for it primary function for storing Blue Steal warheads. They managed to gain access to the western area of the airfield from a nearby main road, and crawled almost up to the perimeter of the SSA undetected in spite of the intense security lighting.
They could observe the area behind the wire and spent several hours watching the patrols of the Snoop and his hound. It was a very cold night and they were planning how to get themselves out when they saw the Snoop take the lead off the dog and just wondered off for a smoke and coffee. The dog then just stretched out. At which point no 2 Officer said he new that dog as he had been Dep OC the dog training School at Debden and had been involved in its training. At which point he spoke to the dog in whatever way the trainers do and the Dog just sat there while they climbed the fence and were in. He makes a big fuss of the Dog being old mates and the three of them trot around to the gate house. All hell then broke loose.