PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 757 Fleet?
Thread: Jet2 757 Fleet?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2006, 19:37
X-Centric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Jet2 757 Fleet?

To return to the original question from 2engop: what's it like at Jet2?

Well, I found it absolutely dreadful. As you can gauge from this thread so do others but some say that they enjoy flying for PM. My advice to you, if you are thinking of trying out this bottom feeding outfit, is to join as a contractor. That way you can leave within 6 or 12 months without being bullied for a trumped up bond even if you were already type rated. The company may even provide you with a reference & not attempt to sabotage your next employment by witholding it. You'll also be on a far better deal than a Channex employee (poor sods). First Officer pay is around £2,700 per month; a Captain is taking home in the region of £3,600 per month: about £400 per month less than a First Officer with a certain Irish airline!

Pulp Fiction says that most pilots flying for Jet2/Channex are crap. I think that's a bit harsh. One of the best pilots I know flys for Channel Express. They've recently screwed him so he will probably be leaving the company as soon as his Dickensian bond expires. There are some very switched on F/Os with low hours who are very capable. There are some good Captains. There are also some appalling examples, some of the worst that I've come across of in our industry.

Only join this company if you have no other choice, it's as simple as that. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.