PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Job seniority
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2001, 13:44
Notso Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Exeng- you beat me to it!

Look guys, we've been through this before. Let BALPA handle it! If you are not a member now, phone them up today! Things you can rely on- pilots will take no more of a sacrifice than any other group, and Rob Halls letter today makes clear IF we are going to pull our belts in, we wanna be sure it ain't gonna get gobbled up in 'Marketing Budgets', etc. Last in/first out has to be followed- seniority rules us so completely it can actually work to our advantage. So if we have a 10% head loss, it means 10% of the most junior. BUT, no pilot has ever been made involuntarily redundant in circumstances like this. BALPA will, I am sure, go for a pay cut to counter this. BUT the guys that would have gone would be the lowest paid, so it doesn't equate to a 10% pay cut but far less- see where I'm getting? The important thing is everybody gives their support to BALPA and let BALPA handle it! Redundancies will be offered, and expect a good take up! My own feelings are to not worry too much for your jobs!