PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for spotters
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2006, 16:47
Full Emergency

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Question for spotters

Originally Posted by captain cumulonimbus
It might help to change your attitude toward spotters to know some of us are in fact Commercial Airline Pilots,the very ones people like yourself are helping to secure when we,too,are at work.
I don't have an 'attitude' towards spotters or enthusiasts per say. What I do have a major 'attitude' against is anyone trying to breach security in order to get numbers or better photos, and then give all the "I'm only a spotter" line after we have detained him/her.

I am not labelling you like that, or saying that everyone is the same, but one of these days someone is likely to get killed or very badly hurt by stupid actions like that.

It will not then be the person who breach security, it will be the police officers fault for making a split-second decision when they should have been more clairevoiant than 'Mystic Meg' and realised that they were a spotter, not a suicide bomber. They then have to live with that.

Anyone care to tell me what a suicide bomber looks like?? Rucksack running towards a plane after having jumped the fence possibly............??

FE