PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WristWatch Selection
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2006, 10:11
Gerund

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: WristWatch Selection

Maybe we should begin an 'own' watches gallery?

On the left, my flying watch: my trusty Casio of 20 years, model DW 206, double time, stopwatch, and light... and been used all over the world flying and diving (200M water resistant). Just fantastic and noone wants to nick it! Original price about £22 from what I can remember.

On the right, my look smarter watch: really looks the business, chronograph (whatever that means) keeps the BEST time of any watch I have ever had, less than a second a month, stopwatch, date, water resistant to 50M, and tachymetre for those testing times measuring speed of service at the bar. And several women have spontaneously said 'Nice watch'... No, I am NOT kidding!! And that's good enough for me! Price £9.99 from Lidls.

The markups on designer watches are hideous; no need to spend lots of cash.

PS In a past life I used to teach scuba diving. If you are planning to buy a watch to use for diving too, make sure it is 200M water resistant. 50M is for shower, swimming; 100M is for skindiving; 200M is for airbreathing diving, not for deeper than 50M that requires mixed gas. Don't let a shop assistant tell you otherwise!