PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair slated on ITV
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2006, 08:55
woodpecker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Ryanair slated on ITV

Thanks ATSE for the info.

A lot of the issues regarding Ryanair are with regard to their handling agents staff who are required to wear Ryanair uniforms. The general public assume that wearing the uniform = working for them. I remember talking to a young girl in Brussels (working for a handling agent) who had to come to work with three different uniforms (one of which was BA) so as to "look the part" when dealing with each airlines passengers.

Surely Ryanair would be interested in the way there passengers are treated.

We drive to Bournemouth and arrive early to be in the "first thirty" to stand a chance of getting seats together in the emergency exits rows. All well and good but when it gets to the gate it becomes a bun-fight! The record was set last week with nine youths (who had checked in late) ducking under the rope to the head of the "first thirty" queue and being allowed to board after the families. With regard to the families themselves I might just start a "rent a kid" scheme! To see a group of eight all of whom were for me adults except one girl about 14 years old swanning past the queue is taking the p**s.

Worse was to come on the return at Gerona where the check in desks opened twenty minutes late and the single queue (about 120 in all) stretched across the hall and out the door. On opening the desks the supervisor then "invited" the second half of the queue to come forward to another desk.

From being in the first half dozen of the original queue we received numbers 27 and 28. Those behind us with over number 30 were livid!

Were the "uniformed staff" interested? No! Did the "single uniformed staff member" at the boarding gate check the numbers? No! Were there many p***ed off passengers? Yes!

Are Ryanair interested in feedback? No!

The cost of our cheap tickets? £130 of which almost £50 was taxes and "aviation levies" whatever they may be!