PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - International schools
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2006, 03:37
NZLeardriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: International schools

Its been a few years now since I was at school in Singapore, but I think alot depends on where you are from, where you want to live, and how old your kids are.
The Australian school has a decent sized new campus and used to have some very good teachers. It also used to have some very poor teachers.
I believe the American School also has a very good campus and a good reputation.
The Canadian school was very very good.
The French school was useless at rugby.

Of the international schools that are not affiliated with a particular country, UWC, ISS and OFS from memory, I would steer well clear of ISS. UWC has schools in a few countries I think, and most of the students I met from there had a very over inflated sense of self worth and were incredibly spoiled by their parents. Even the good kids often got 'tainted' by their classmates. Of course there were a few exceptions.
OFS I didn't know much about, but now I have some family friends working there. They report that it is turning into a good school.

Please remember that most of this is based from memory from a while ago. When I was at school there one lunch time a 12 year old student went out and bought a $250,000 new Jaguar. The cd player on his other one wasn't functioning right.