PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Recruitment-MEL
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2006, 01:29
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Jetstar Recruitment-MEL

Toowoomba girl - check YOUR attitude!

1. Wages are an important part of anyone's lifestyle and job. Some people are financially able to make a sacrifice (ie. drop in pay) to make the change to the airlines - others, however, aren't so fortunate. This whole fantasy of "Jetstar is fun, friendly and what you make it" is total tosh. Ironically, your post is anything but.

I've yet to meet a single SEQ person who RAVES about how much they like the arrangement. Period. Shuttling to and fro between BNE and OOL is very tedious and wears you out as I'm sure you can attest. Get your roster requests this month kiddo? Oh that's right - they lost the requests for OOL crew this month, didn't they!.

FYI - I've been around for many years here, so I do know what I'm talking about.

Also, some people are not in a position to wear the costs of driving between dual bases all the time. Petrol, wear and tear - it all takes its toll on the bank balance. Factor in kids, mortgage, etc. and you start to have problems. As some people have, and have since left for greener pastures.

Sure - some people like it. The majority don't. They accept it because they want and like the job itself so much. And that goes for the pilots too.

"There are incentives to earn alot more money and alot of crew take advantage of that"
Above and beyond $50k per year? That's if you work your bits off, and sell back the odd day off here and there. At the end of the day, NO ONE should forecast their earnings beyond their base wage. Remember how much angst was created when JQ started when everyone lost their overnights? Easier to plan with less, than to plan with more and left counting the losses if you're not called out on Live days, not used on days off, etc.

2. Career Progression...

"Also,,dont apply if you think its the easiest way into Qantas,,we dont want you"
Yeah - GREAT ambassador for the so called 'fun, friendly' airline you're trying to paint us as!

Fact - CP exists and people will access that - no different to base transfers, part time waitlists, etc. Going to tell those people with part time on their mind that 'we don't want them'?

If it weren't for CP, we'd have even GREATER levels of attrition than we do now. Eastern and Sunstate are in the same position. There is no reason on earth why anyone shouldn't access CP if the opportunity exists.

Once people serve their 2 years, they can put themselves on the list. What happens after that is totally up to QF. Don't expect intakes to occur without at least 2 years between QF training schools. If people can deal with that, then I'm sure it won't be a problem.

As a CM, Toowoomba girl, I'd have expected a far more motivating response to prospective employees. Instead, your post is nothing short of bitter and twisted. Very disappointing, and not indicative of the majority at JQ.

For those still interested, please apply and let us know how you get on. We'd love to see you fly with us!