PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 6th Jan 2006, 21:13
Olof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Type ratings - yes or no?

Quite interesting debate after all... I'm stunned though how narrow minded some people's posts are... Black and white thinking is just a pity... There are so many different factors to take into consideration. How could I ever take an advice from anybody? Should I trust the bitter guy who's got a type but no job? Should I trust the money spender who says that a fat wallet is the solution to everything? should I trust the guy in the left seat who actually appears to be slightly underpaid (!) ...? Point being, we're not in the same boat here. We all come from different backgrounds with different goals and ambitions.

Being fresh out of the box with fATPL and ~250h TT I find my self confused and somewhat worried with what the future holds for me. Whats the next step? I will still put my trust in my motiviation and my passion for flying. Being well aware of that this is not a vocation I won't let money blind me when progressing with my career. I'd love to do a couple years as an instructor. I'd also like to fly some turbo prop. So what is my goal? Happiness! Ofcourse that doesn't come from flying solely but a job that I'm satisfied with is a very good start and it is certainly more important than the paycheck... If that job is in the left seat of a wide body or somewhere else is yet to be seen.... After all, how would I know?