PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 6th Jan 2006, 20:30
Craggenmore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Type ratings - yes or no?

All this thread has highlighted is just how money orientated people are, seemingly with the sole desire for celebrity style 'kiss and tell', quick-fix financial reward. What happened to personal job satisfaction?

Whoopee, I rushed and paid for my TR and now I'm stuck in an airline where I don't want to be with £25,000 more of debt. So, well done You! You must be very proud. You aint got anywhere else to go now. Tough......

stir crazy wrote, "I paid for my TR and am now 1100 hours ahead of my mate who went down the instructional route".

My question is, "ahead of what exactly"......the race to fill up your log book with a further £25,000 of debt hanging over you? Again, Well done! I'd rather have no mortgauge thanks.

stir crazy also wrote, "looking out of the aero club window waiting for the wind to drop".....Well pal, you're looking out the window while another daily £15 of accrued interest from your TR loan eats into your flight pay.

How awful to know that you could only get in by paying because you could'nt do it any other way

As Wing Commander Fowler says
Indeed - and Its a safe bet that these will be amongst the primary whingers come 5 years time when their own terms and conditions are being erroded!

Last edited by Craggenmore; 6th Jan 2006 at 20:50.