PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 6th Jan 2006, 18:06
Mr Blue Eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Type ratings - yes or no?

The interesting thing here is that there is no traditional/standard route to getting that first job anymore. Unlike many other countries our recruitment process is a shambles. So because we have many routes, there are going to be many differences of opinion. I think that if we all had the money we would all pay our way through TR & line training if it meant getting a job (remember the bed sit alternative) But most of us cannot afford to get an Instructors Rating let alone a Type Rating or hours. What ever route gets you the job is the best route.

From my reseach of airlines, every Chief pilot looks for different things and finding that out is like getting blood out of a stone. So a TR may suit ABC air but not someone else etc etc.

What the industry needs is a structured approach to recruitment similar to others. Therefore there is one view and we all sing from the same hymn sheet. (but yes I know this is Britain and we cannot organise a **** up in a brewery!). We used to be Great Britain!