PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal Conviction A Problem?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2006, 15:38
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Criminal Conviction A Problem?

With regard training in the US,

If your conviction is now spent then don't disclose it to the embassy. Even if it is required to do so, the chances of them going as far as vetting your criminal record are slim if you've always been a white UK resident, even in this current terrorist conscious environment believe it or not. The most you can expect are a few pointless questions about choice of training location from the guy sat behind the window in Grosvenor Square because unfortunately they are still not as security wise as they like to appear. Expect a pull at immigration stateside but that's only to check you have the relevant paperwork that the FTO facilitate on your behalf and then you'll soon be on your merry way. Just don't spark a ciggie up in the waiting room because they fine you something like $10'000 for the privilage over there.... and they carry guns, as one slight pissed punter found out whilst I was sat waiting my turn at MCO once!

Listen to Scroggs regarding the job implications and not the bar room know-all's who post here.

VFE.

Last edited by VFE; 6th Jan 2006 at 15:51.