PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 6th Jan 2006, 13:09
reality check

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Type ratings - yes or no?

It seems a few people don't like getting a reality check.

Fly whatever you want to, but you know full well you will always be looking at the bigger boys planes.

I have no idea what the 'traditianal route' is meant to be. I think it is an excuse for not getting the job you really wanted. I just do not believe that anyone who goes to a decent school focused on airline jet transport would then want to take several steps backwards to fly anything other than a jet. But if that is really your desire then good luck to you, I just hope you do it early enough in life to get it out of your system.

There is nothing wrong with my view point, it has served me and others well. I currently work with two guys who are 21yrs old, self funded the whole lot (prob with some help I grant you) but the point is they have gone straight in at airline entry on brand new NGs, stress free. They will get command by the age of 25 and be made for life, QED.

I'm sorry to those who don't agree with my stance, but unlike some others it comes from within the industry most of you want to get in.