PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 6th Jan 2006, 11:18
markflyer6580

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Type ratings - yes or no?

I assume that the vast majority of wannabes wish to fly in order to earn a living.
If that is the case they should try something else where you can earn a lot more and work better hours
In this profession,it should be for the love of flying,the earnings are of no concern to me,as long as I can pay my bills,say £12-15k a year should suffice,all I want to do is go flying every day and not pay for it or have to work a part time job at the same time.
As Scroggs has said paying off the debt is the problem hence the requirement for higher pay,unfortunately f/o pay will not be enough to pay most peoples debts let alone an extra £25k from a type rating.
Only those with more money than sense can afford to do the rating and work for free,I reckon that will be approx 1-5% of all wannabes.
I think we all know that everyone would do it if they where in that position,but most of us are skint!
If you are just in it for the money,bugger off and leave the flying for the people who want to fly