PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dress code for CX 2nd interview...ladies???
Old 6th Jan 2006, 06:01
Mirv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dress code for CX 2nd interview...ladies???

Hot tips...

1) Don't grab your crotch when dancing

2) Don't wear oversized novelty spectacles

Oh sorry, cocktail party...not a wedding!

All of the recruiting staff go across to the upstairs bar for the cocktail party, they are wearing their normal work threads, and during my interview half the applicants wore the outfit they had on that day, and the rest got changed. I was the last to interview in my group (damn) and pretty much went from the interview, had time for a quick shower/change and grab the elevator up.

The "cocktail party" is not one at all...I don't think CX refer to it as such. The wives that attended wore a mix, if you glammed up and wore your fave little black cocktail dress so you looked like you were going to an A-list do you would perhaps be overdressed. If you wore a simple pants suit (for example) you would blend right in. Wear something that is comfortable and smart, and appropriate for business company.

Ultimately, you have to dress in what makes you feel comfortable. Also, the drinks is not some horror assessment, be yourself, meet the staff (they are all friendly and have interesting backgrounds) and let them meet the interesting, supportive and HK-enthusiastic wife (you are excited about coming to HK, remember!!!!)