PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 757 Fleet?
Thread: Jet2 757 Fleet?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2006, 04:59
Trip Switch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Jet2 757 Fleet?

Sub rosa

And I find him one of the most thoroughly decent men I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. In fact, over the last few years, a great deal of stock has been placed in making sure there are quality chaps at the helm, not those who believe they have some sort of God given right, but those who have earned it, and the respect of their peers.

Yes, there have been some fairly quick promotions (albeit no quicker than other locos), but please don't imagine that it was done without a great deal of consideration, and they still had to prove themselves. It certainly wasn't based on politics as others may claim - that's just nasty.

And if you think that it's just a shoo-in, then you would be very much mistaken. Many have failed, including those who have come from 'reputable' companies as direct entry commands. And the man who is now in charge of the fleet training? Affectionately known as Chopper - and that's not because of the size of his pecker.

All the descent guys leave very quickly
I love that. Superb! You are absolutely right. Which means the decent chaps and chappesses remain.

Go in peace and enjoy where you are, because we certainly enjoy being where we are.

Trips