PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to apply for Air China and China Eastern?
Old 5th Jan 2006, 22:18
The Bare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: How to apply for Air China and China Eastern?

I totally agree with the 2 previous responses to your question. As you are flying in the US I take it you are quite westernised. Even though you are Chinese as your ethnic origins, your time away from the motherland would be an enormous impediment for you to enter the mainstream airlines there, unless you were a highly experienced 747-400 Captain going through an agency for say Air China Cargo (who are hiring these type of qualified people), then they would snap you up.
In my opinion you are much better off going the softer route. CX are actively hiring pilots, and would be very interested in you with your qualifications for their cadet programme, as would Dragon Air. CR Airways in Hong Kong have just advertised for flight crews (not necessarily type rated) for a fleet of 30 737-800 and 10 787's. The add was in Flight International (www.flightinternational.com ) yesterday, In fact that would be a back door way int Hainan Airlines which is I think the 4th largest Chinese carrier.
You should also look at Air China and EVA AIR in Taiwan, both operating 747-400's A330's ect, and would be very interested in hiring a pilot with Chinese ancestry. Singapore Airlines are actively recruiting cadet and second officers as well.
All of these options you would find would be a mich better career path and much better financially than trying to enter the Chinese mainstream as a low time pilot.
Good luch
G