PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Check-in Desk Scales?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2006, 22:03
Full Emergency

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Check-in Desk Scales?

Originally Posted by PVGSLF
Just seen another thread about Ryan air cracking down on check-in staff being generous with baggage allowances... So come on MOL, lets see current and valid calibration certificates posted next to the scales. And let's see Trading Standards taking a regular interest in there accuracy.
I have flown with Ryanair a couple of times. Never again.

One of things that got me was the question regarding check-in scales. I checked in a Stanstead to fly to Gerona as I have a property nearby. My bag weighed in at 11kg (check-in) and was too large to have as carry-on, so it put in the hold. No problems.

Went to Gerona for about 10 days and left half the contents of my hold lugauge at my place and went back to the airport (Gerona) to check-in to fly home. Guess what my bag weighed on the scales?? Yeap 11kgs.

NO WAY was my bag that heavy. Thankfully it was not over the limit they set (15kg) otherwise I would have refused to fly in protest. I did question it though with the Duty Manager there, who quite frankly couldn't give a **** about it. She just smiled at me and said with a thick Spanish accent. "English" From that point onwards, I knew that the scales were fiddled and I would rather walk than fly with FR again.

FE