PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Breaking News!! easyJet lowers entry requirements!
Old 5th Jan 2006, 14:21
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Breaking News!! easyJet lowers entry requirements!

I fully understand that A340Jock would feel offended at not being called, but his position is slightly different to that of you other guys. He is applying for a DEC which is a different 'pool' of applicants so he is not your direct competition. EasyJet have recently interviewed many possible DECs who all have the hours and I understand that several have been offered jobs (very contraversial - but that's another story!). Once you have the required hours to be a DEC, it frankly does not matter how many hours in excess of the minimum you have - there is not some invisible 'pecking order' based on total time. They will then look at your online replies and if they do not like what they see then they will not call you forward - hard rules but that is the way it is.

Regarding the minimum hours, what has happened is simply a reflection of supply and demand. There is just not the supply of suitable pilots out there with the requesite experience for the FO positons available so easyJet have had to lower their requirements. We take the CTC 200 hour guys who are effectively pre-selected but other than that I am not aware of any pilots being taken on at the moment without the 500 hours multi-crew. Nonetheless, this is good news for all job hunters and I hope you all manage to get your foot on the ladder soon. We were all there once and it is probably the most difficult period of your flying career waiting to get a job. Best of luck to you all.