PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British (Rentokil) Airways
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2006, 11:38
PoodleVelour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Re: British (Rentokil) Airways

All very interesting, however I think all posts show a remarkable ability to ignore the reality of the situation. The management of BACX are going to put the FS scheme where the monkey put the nuts:

1. Because they have been told to by mainline.
2. Because there will be no industrial action against it when push comes to shove, and they know it.
3. Because the workforce is divided, and probably a majority is not in it anyway.

As far as BA are concerned, they will focus on their own scheme first - as would anyone. However, unfortunately for them, I believe that all the above points apply in exactly the same way, it's only the scale and numbers which are different. Basically, the Final Salary schemes are nearly all dead as dodos, or about to topple into the grave - Rentokil have done no more than point the way. It's nobodies fault but greedy shortsighted Governments and Managements across the UK, to manage to turn the best system in the world into wreckage in less than a decade takes some truly breathtaking ability.

Me - yeah, I wish I'd seen it coming too. The question is what to do - there's no point saving, because the Gov.UK will just tax and inflate anyway, and then bar you from facilities because you've got savings. Property - hmmm, not at the moment in the UK. Abroad - well, maybe, but eventually the same caveat applies. I don't want to hijack a good thread, but what do YOU guys think is a good alternative investment to keep the Poodles in quality kennels for their retirement?