PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New pilot - new pilot case - necessary?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2006, 07:26
Boss Raptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: New pilot - new pilot case - necessary?

I bought myself the ubiquitous normal sized pilots case and very quickly found it to be too large and un-necessary...in many cases it neither fitted in the cockpit or under a seat if positioning...

I found a half depth pilots case which of the same design except 'half depth' it was more than adequate even for those extra duty free 200 cigies and/or a bottle of booze. I always carry a stout carrier/shopping bag in it which is more than adequate if work suddenly burdens you with a new manual or 3 inches of other reading to take home. And of course when empty is far lighter than its full depth compatriate.

At work I still use a similar case today (in a dark brown leather) which are much more available as they appear ideal for laptops which were never around in my original days...but I still have a sby normal pilots case for those odd occasions I am carrying manuals or large items and it sits gathering dust dont think I've used it in 3 years.

I have also seen 'soft' pilots cases which look quite good.

PS. doesn't it look awful when they plaster their cases with the 'I fly a...' stickers...and they call reggie spotters nerds?!