PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2006, 17:09
NT42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary

Cheers!

I had a rather interesting flight (and first landaway) today.

We basically planned to Teesside, knew the weather was a bit dodgy. By the time we got to Teesside it was seriously dodgy. Lots of cloud which was low. No way we could land VFR. The choice was to turn back, or the FI would show me a nice ILS approach. Decieded on the latter, and at 500 feet or so, the runway suddenly appeared! My FI said "you have control" and I finished a good approach by him with a very nice (my best so far since begining) landing. (With full flap!).

Anyway, we couldn't fly VFR out of Teesside's zone, so again he took us out IFR, but once a bit further north we were in VMC and all was fine.

My navigation was ok, but I will have to do that flight again dual. Didn't get much chance to find the airport on the way down!

Got back to Newcastle fine, after a quick look at the Angel of the North, and the Quayside!

My flight yesterday was some more solo nav - MUCH more straight forward in perfect conditions.

Just a very quick post tonight, as I am shattered! Well done Lister! And cheers all.

John.