PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Sahara India
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2006, 15:46
coco-nuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Air Sahara India

Well, i can now attest to how busy the DGCA are regards the interview. Licensing arranged for me last week to meet with the dreaded inspector on Tuesday the 3rd of January, and guess what? No interview due to inspector being overwhelmed by the number of foreign pilots being interviewed. Oh well will now have to wait until the inspector has some spare time to see me. I do feel sorry for our licensing people though, trying vainly to explain to me that i couldnt get an interview. No worries i keep telling them, ill be on call at the hotel! They thank me for being very understanding and off back to the hotel i go.Got back and was greeted by an old hand (american),who once again advised me to enjoy the time off while it lasted. Once you work son, that skin of yours gonna shine? Nurries mate as I just laugh and head off to my room. The numbers do keep dwindling however as another of the old timers has been called to Mumbai, (that dreaded place again lol) got called early today and off he went later that night.
Oh an interesting thing is that i went to collect my allowances today and saw that there are quite a few expats here, at least 40 by the two sheets of names i was able to see and both my company and another well known ryanair subsidiary company were evenly represented There was also little well known company in asia with about 4 reps. I went with a mate and actually saw the date that our pro rata wages were paid to our contractor. Tell you what guys, if the company tells you that your wages are late due to Air Sahara not paying them then i can tell you now that your contractor is bull ****eing you. Mind you after saying this i only saw my mates and my statements, so if we are the only ones who got paid while we were travelling bisiness class to Delhi then we must indeed be special. The contractors are paid ahead of the due date. I even saw the two names that speedy said had resigned, one was indeed our german 76 skipper and another that sounded like a south american or filipino name, not too sure but i know that he was represented by the least well known of the three contractors.
The drive there and back was interesting and Kaptain M you would most definately feel at home here, the driving was truly ala phillipines like with 5 cars to a 3 lane motorway, the honking of the car horns ...wow and after countless near accidents i never heard our driver swear once. A colleague remarked that the rest of the world could learn from the locals on how to drive and not swear etc etc...Paitence? Took an hour to get there and another hour plus to get back. My foot now hurts from all the reflex braking i was doing.

cheers
coco